We know where you’re at. We’ve been there. You want to meet dream clients, shoot fabulous weddings, and absolutely not deal with any of this SEO stuff. SEO can seem like a daunting task for wedding photographers who are just starting out, or if you’re anything like me, been putting it off for a long time. But with a little help, SEO can be a powerful tool to help build your dream business. Seriously, it can change your life and help you build a six-figure business. Keep reading to see how SEO for Wedding Photographers doesn’t have to be hard!
1. Research keywords that potential clients are searching for. Use these keywords throughout your website and in your social media channels to reach your target audience. As an easy example, if you’re in San Francisco, you can try to rank for “San Francisco Wedding Photographer”. Think about what your clients would search for, and include those keywords in your blog posts.
2. Optimize your website for search engines. This means making sure your website is mobile-friendly and easy to navigate. Include relevant keywords on your website and in your page titles and meta descriptions. You’d be amazed at how many websites I’ve seen have links that are broken, 30mb pictures that make websites glacially slow, and more.
3. Build backlinks to your website. Backlinks are links from other websites that link to yours. The more backlinks you have, the higher your website will rank in search results. guest blog post on a popular wedding photography site or reach out to wedding planners and other vendors in your area and offer to collaborate. Getting published is a huge way too (Think Style Me Pretty, Martha Stewart, etc.)
4. Promote your website through social media. Share your content on social media channels like Facebook, Tik Tok, and Instagram. Use relevant hashtags and make sure your profiles are linked to your website.
5. Analyze your website traffic. Use Google Analytics or another web analytics tool to track how people are finding your website and what pages they’re spending the most time on. This information can help you adjust your SEO strategy and improve your website. Analyzing your site will help you view your website like a client would. It’s so incredibly important to understand the thought process of your clients so you can make it a pain-free experience for them to contact you (and ultimately, book you)
SEO can be a powerful tool to help build your dream wedding photography business. But it’s important to remember that SEO is an ongoing process and not a one-time fix. Be sure to keep these SEO strategies in mind as you continue to grow your wedding photography business.
I know that running your own business is often a one-person show, so we created a course that will take you step by step to learn about SEO that is tailor-made for the wedding industry. If you found this blog post useful, we’d love to have you in our “Complete Guide to SEO for Wedding Professionals” course where we break down every misconception about SEO, simplify it to a proven formula that is easy to implement with step-by-step instructions, show you how to create amazing content that is valuable to your audience, and most importantly: attract amazing clients like clockwork and on autopilot.
If you are tired of endlessly replying to brides-to-be in wedding planning groups on Facebook, unreliable word of mouth referrals, occasional “friendor” referrals – then you need an SEO strategy that will allow you to bring dream clients to your inbox simply because you did the work to show up on Google. You literally didn’t have to do anything. They came to you. Doesn’t that sound amazing? A good SEO strategy means that you spend less time chasing down bargain hunter clients. It means you can focus on better serving your paying clients while automatically bringing new ones to your inbox.
Did we mention that besides the cost of the course, everything we teach is 100% free to implement into your own business? We had a super limited marketing budget when we created this tried and true framework, too. So we totally get it. This $49 could buy you and your hubby a much deserved date night. Or, it could be spent on this lifetime access course which will show you exactly how to attract clients who are happy to spend thousands of dollars with you. You’re worth the investment, right? Do you believe in your business enough to invest less than a hundred dollars? Then let’s do this! We will teach you literally everything
We can’t wait to teach you everything we know, and help you build the dream business you absolutely deserve!