The best way to become a wedding videographer is to start by attending weddings. This will give you a good feel for what goes on during the event and how to capture all the important moments. You should also try to get some experience filming weddings by working with an experienced videographer. Once you have attended a few weddings and have some experience under your belt, you can start advertising your services. Wedding videography is a great way to make some extra income and is also a great career path, so be sure to let all of your friends and family know that you’re available for hire!
1) Attend weddings to get a feel for what goes on and how to capture all of the important moments.
2) Get some experience filming weddings by working with an experienced videographer as a second shooter. You should not be shooting weddings on your own until you’ve shot at least a few weddings under an experienced professional.
3) Submit your information to your local government and get your business license.
4) Start advertising your services to friends, family, and local businesses. You can do this by posting in local wedding groups and expanding your network.
5) Build up a portfolio of your work to show potential clients.
6) Join professional organizations such as the National Association of Wedding Videographers (NAWV) or the International Academy of Wedding Videography (IAWV).
7) Stay up to date with the latest technology and trends by attending workshops and seminars.
8) Get certified by the Wedding Videographers International (WVI). Certifications are a great way to show your prestige and that you’re committed to your craft.
9) Invest in professional liability insurance. You can buy single event insurance if you’re new and don’t have many weddings on the books! Once you have 10 or more weddings a year, it’s definitely worth investing in annual insurance.
10) Always be prepared for each wedding by creating a shot list and having backup equipment on hand. You should never shoot a wedding unless you have at least two camera bodies and 4 lenses. This is to make sure that you won’t ruin a couples day by having faulty equipment.
If you found this blog post useful, we’d love to have you in our “Complete Guide to SEO for Wedding Professionals” course where we break down every misconception about SEO, simplify it to a proven formula that is easy to implement with step-by-step instructions, show you how to create amazing content that is valuable to your audience, and most importantly: attract amazing clients like clockwork and on autopilot.
If you are tired of endlessly replying to brides-to-be in wedding planning groups on Facebook, unreliable word of mouth referrals, occasional “friendor” referrals – then you need an SEO strategy that will allow you to bring dream clients to your inbox simply because you did the work to show up on Google. You literally didn’t have to do anything. They came to you. Doesn’t that sound amazing? A good SEO strategy means that you spend less time chasing down bargain hunter clients. It means you can focus on better serving your paying clients while automatically bringing new ones to your inbox.
Did we mention that besides the cost of the course, everything we teach is 100% free to implement into your own business? We had a super limited marketing budget when we created this tried and true framework, too. So we totally get it. This $97 could buy you and your hubby a much deserved date night. Or, it could be spent on this lifetime access course which will show you exactly how to attract clients who are happy to spend thousands of dollars with you. You’re worth the investment, right? Do you believe in your business enough to invest less than a hundred dollars? Then let’s do this! We will teach you literally everything
We can’t wait to teach you everything we know, and help you build the dream business you absolutely deserve!